Pages

Sunday 1 January 2017

Vehicles and more

There are a number of beautiful villages and interesting things to see along the way. You have four options for this trip. You can take a:

  1. Train – 25 minute ride; No stops along the way; $12 for the trip (return)
  2. Bus – 45 minute ride; Two stops along the way to look at interesting villages; $8 for the trip (return)
  3. Scooter – 1 hour ride; Unlimited number of stops; $5 for the trip (return)
  4. Bicycle – 2 hour ride; Unlimited number of stops but there are some hills along the way; $1 (return)
If i had to chose one to get to neighboring town i would pick the scooter ride it's cheep and we get to see a lot of other villages and other interesting things and i have the hole day.
I just watched 10 Most Amazing Vehicles and i really liked the Segway  because it's like my skywalker with handles.
Imagine that you have just arrived at the airport in Auckland. Your whole family is there to greet you. They can’t wait to hear all about your trip! You decide that you’ll go home and have a special meal together to celebrate your return. Your parent/guardian offers to make you anything that you would like to eat. 

I would ask for pork mash potato's fried potato's sparkling grape juice and for desert chocolate ice cream and chocolate pudding.  

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Kia ora Serenity,

I like that you have chosen to take the scooter for your adventure as it will give you plenty of time to stop and visit each of the villages as you pass by. You will have the whole day to explore so you will be able to stop in each place for as long as you wish to before moving onto the next location. I have only driven a scooter a couple of times but I really enjoyed it. I think that you'll have a lot of fun!

Speaking of fun, a segway is also a really fun vehicle to 'drive.' I had the chance to try one when I was visiting family on the north shore of Auckland and we rented Segways to drive up to the top of the tallest hill in Devonport. It is called Mt. Victoria and you can look out over the city of Auckland from the very top of the mountain. It was pretty amazing! I must admit that it took me awhile to get used to the Segway, however, as you have to lean forward to make it move forward and lean back to make it stop. It feels quite strange! At first, I couldn't quite figure it out and I kept on falling off! Fortunately, I figured it out eventually and we had a great time touring around the north shore.

I hope that you and your family are having a wonderful time touring around this holiday. Are you spending much time with your aunties and uncles? All of my family live in Canada so I have been talking to them on the computer via Skype. It's nice to be able to connect and to chat with them often, despite the fact that they live so far away!

Last night I actually spoke to my parents and it was their 38th wedding anniversary! They were going to have a special meal of club sandwiches, soft drinks, cake and ice cream. Like you, my mom loves chocolate ice cream! I don't think that she's ever tried pork masked potatoes, though. They sound delicious!

Keep up the awesome work, Serenity :)

Cheers,
Rachel

Post a Comment